Basically, it is a Revit addin that can publish information about the current Revit session directly to a nominated slack channel.
Here's how I got it working on Revit 2016:
- Download code (clone into Github Desktop)
- Open SlackIt.sln in Visual Studio
- Compile (after fixing RevitAPI and RevitUIAPI dll reference to Revit 2016 program folder)
- Build the solution, which should automatically setup the addin for you. The addin code also tells you a bit about the author and the hackathon where it was put together...
- Start Revit
- Get token from slack
- Start Slack from the Settings button first
- Fill out the form
- Do some things in Revit, like sync with Central, and see the notification
- Experiment with the screenshot tool
I expect we will see some interesting integrations between Dynamo and Slack pretty soon too...
Github at https://github.com/pix3lot/Slackit
Home page at https://devpost.com/software/slackit